*** : 93

MessageSujet: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Lun 14 Avr - 8:27

Dernière édition par Alex le Ven 31 Oct - 12:14, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pogues-France/480843905322094
torfirion

*** : 17

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Lun 14 Avr - 18:48

Excellent! Surtout que ce soit le 26 juin, ça laisse toujours des possibilités à des dates chez nous en aout Smile.
PASCAL

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 15 Avr - 16:19

"Portsmouth Beer Festival" Friday 16th May / Saturday17th May

je ne sais pas si c'est confirmer pour "Pompey"...
Alex

Masculin Date d'inscription : 03/05/2012

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 22 Avr - 14:13

j'ai repris la photo utilisée par les réseaux officiels du groupe en page d'accueil, sauf que Phil Chevron sur celle ci n'est pas effacé de l'histoire. j'ai souvent l'air de gueuler, mais merde ! que Chevron ne soit pas sur la photo qui accompagne les prochains concerts, je comprends, mais qu'ils utilisent alors une prise actuelle, sans lui. le faire disparaitre de la photo, non, je trouve ça navrant.
PASCAL

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Sam 24 Mai - 13:56

Shamrock Firm

Masculin Date d'inscription : 07/07/2012
Instrument : Tin Whistle
*** : 35

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Sam 24 Mai - 20:09

Sa guitare électrique est toujours présente sur la photo. Les types qui ont fait ça n'ont pas eu le "souci du détail" faut croire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J'mouque min blair et j'armonte mes queuchettes! (je mouche mon nez et je remonte mes chaussettes).
Lorelei

Féminin Date d'inscription : 06/09/2012
*** : 5

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mer 25 Juin - 10:44

c'est demain !
la jolie page d'accueil du site du festival
PASCAL

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mer 25 Juin - 13:46

Oui pas mal, mais pourquoi un titre intrus dans la liste des titres ?
torfirion

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Jeu 26 Juin - 22:27

Alex

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 1 Juil - 8:30

365Bristol :

The Pogues : anarchy, bawdiness, melancholy romance and plenty of whiskey which infuse the majority of the band's oeuvre, an Irish pub band punched with infectious rhythm, guts and glory to the accompaniment of mandolin, accordion and tin whistle.

The Pogues at Bristol Harbourside - Bristol gig review
The weather may have been a tad on the damp side, but that certainly didn't impede the enjoyment of the capacity crowd for The Pogues' barnstorming performance at Lloyds Amphitheatre.
Shane MacGowan – unquestionably one of the music industry's most notorious hellraisers – on occasion only just barely seemed able to stand, clutching on to and swaying around his microphone and slurring his words amidst many enthusiastic gulps of an ever-present pint.
Let's be perfectly honest though, his voice has never been a finely-tuned instrument of mellifluous beauty, but it roughness and robustness added a rowdy, rugged drunken vigour to proceedings.
Nevertheless, its anarchy, bawdiness, melancholy romance and plenty of whiskey which infuse the majority of the band's oeuvre, an Irish pub band punched with infectious rhythm, guts and glory to the accompaniment of mandolin, accordion and tin whistle.
MacGowan took it in turns to sing the songs and his voice flagged more often than not (in fact, there were several times it seemed he'd forgotten the lyrics altogether and slurred together a string of dissonant growls), but it didn't matter one jot to the audience, most of them equally well-lubricated.
The iconic frontman was well supported by the band, who took over while he disappeared backstage intermittently and a few times translated his incomprehensible, wobbly declamations, as they belted their way through a fair portion of their Rum, Sodomy and Lash album and some of their greatest hits. 
As the darkness descended and the crowd became whipped up into an at-times apoplectic dancing frenzy, the Amphitheatre provided the perfect backdrop for the band's well-known songs and infectious on-stage shenanigans.
Any other band would have fired him years ago, but The Pogues just isn't The Pogues without MacGowan, revered by the baying, cheering crowd, as he staggered around, dressed in black and with ghostly pale complexion, a living, breathing miracle that the Grim Reaper has kept his bony clutches away for the best part of 30 years. 
'Dirty Old Town', Euan MacColl's caustic tribute to Salford's factories, kicked off the encore, and the lively crowd jostled and drank and threw pints in the air with enthusiastically reckless energy.
A surprisingly heartfelt A Rainy Night in Soho preceded two rousing finales in the form of the toe-tappingly bawdy 'The Irish Rover' and 'Fiesta'.
But the fact MacGowan couldn't remember half the words made absolutely not a jot of difference.  The capacity crowd knew them and they belted them out as loudly as they could, and they revelled in the magic of a band whose music will forever lift the spirits and raise plenty of hell. 
MacGowan and The Pogues will forever endure.
4/5
Jamie Caddick for 365Bristol
Alex

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 1 Juil - 8:32

Wales Online :

Review: The Pogues at Bristol Harbourside
The Pogues perform punk for Celts - or so the argument goes - but it’s a much wider palette than that as any long-time fan will tell you.
In a storming set that from the outset put two fingers up to Father Time we were treated to rhythms from Southern Europe and The Middle East as well as auld Ireland all laced through with some good old hard-edged punk rock.
Right on cue for Glastonbury weekend the sunshine disappeared and the open-air audience at Bristol’s picturesque Harbourside were given a pre-concert soaking; but it’s virtually impossible to dampen the spirits at a Pogues gig and some vigorous jigs and reels dried out most of a large and highly enthusiastic crowd.
Shane MacGowan is, by any standard, a fine poet and songwriter and one has to wonder how many more immortal gems he would have produced had he been firing on all four cylinders throughout his career.
Shambling and indecipherable to all but the faithful he is nevertheless the heart and the soul of The Pogues and the passion behind the vocals is undeniable.
With more than three decades of playing together it is inevitable the seven-piece outfit (occasionally boosted to 10 by a brass section) are going to be pretty comfortable together onstage.
This can actually be a disadvantage to some acts who finds themselves handing over to auto-pilot and going through the motions but there’s no chance of that with such involved and emotive material.
Accordionist, James Fearnley, gave lie to the belief that one can’t look cool with a squeezebox as he cavorted like someone a third of his age but it was MacGowan who cut the coolest figure. Studiously dishevelled and of few well-chosen words between numbers he sipped from a glass on his own small table like a punk Dave Allen as he introduced classic song after song to roars of approval.
This was a well-organised and well marshalled gig with friendly and helpful security staff, a decent selection of refreshments and plenty of conveniences; and when an act has a fan base stretching back more than thirty years these things matter.
The fans called for more at the end and the band delivered. The Pogues perform less and less nowadays but on the evidence of this show there are a few miles on the clock yet.
Bob Rogers
Alex

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 1 Juil - 8:36

Guide2Bristol :

Vivienne Kennedy reviews The Pogues at Bristol Summer Series
"Brilliant, top of their game!"
"Shane MacGowan, what a legend!"
Those are the sort of comments I could hear all around me as I left the Lloyd's Amphitheatre on Bristol Harbourside after The Pogues gig on Thursday 26 June - I couldn't help wondering what they'd heard that I hadn't.
I'd arrived two and a half hours earlier, in time to catch the last few songs from support act The Rails, a folk-rock duo from London who have recently released their debut album Fair Warning. The fairly heavy rain that was coming down at the time did nothing to dampen my enjoyment of their music, my only regret being that I hadn't arrived early enough to watch the full set.
Between sets a selection of recorded tracks took us around the musical world and as the rain continued to fall the amphitheatre began to fill up, a definite air of excitement building. At around nine o'clock, just as we were finally able to put down our umbrellas, The Pogues took to the stage, Shane MacGowan shuffling on like a man far older than his 56 years.
What followed left me with an overwhelming feeling of sadness. The musicians performed well enough but MacGowan reminded me more than anything of that embarrassing old man you see at karaoke nights, the one who insists on taking the mic when he really can't sing and can barely even stand. I didn't expect his voice to be melodic, I have heard The Pogues before, but neither did I expect it to be so tuneless or his words to be so slurred.
When he spoke to the audience between songs his fellow band members would provide a translation, unfortunately they couldn't do that when he sang so the lyrics, which are often described as poetic, were for the most part incomprehensible. After each second or third number he would shuffle offstage, sitting the next song out while bandmate Spider Stacy took over his singing duties. To me Shane MacGowan is less a "legend" and more an example of why drink and drugs should be avoided.

Despite my negativity about MacGowan's performance I did enjoy the evening, which there is no denying had a great atmosphere, particularly the two final songs - Irish Rover and Fiesta - which showed the musicians at their best and whipped the audience into a singing, jigging frenzy, and I do hope that the Bristol Summer Series, comprising this gig and Wednesday's by Paolo Nutini, is repeated as the Lloyd's Amphitheatre is a fabulous mud-free location for open-air music. I won't be in any great hurry to see The Pogues again though.
Alex

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 1 Juil - 8:38

The Bristol Post :

Bristol gig shows there's more to The Pogues than that Fairytale of New York

"It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank..." Well, you know the rest, but for too many that Christmas song is the only song by the Pogues.
Well, those misguided folk should have joined the raucous "fiesta" that besieged Bristol Harbourside last night as The Pogues delivered a joyous, feel-good party that will rival any seen at the Glastonbury Festival this weekend. Indeed, Christmas was the furthest thing from anyone's mind as they danced their way through an overcast "rainy night in Bristol".
As always at a Pogues' show focus is often on frontman Shane MacGowan. He would grin a gummy smile between songs, cackle something, I believe words sometimes may have been involved, but who could tell or really care as Shane is responsible for some of the most poetic lyrics ever put to paper - a fact that should never be ignored or forgotten.
And what songs they are too. As the heavy rain showers ceased they opened with Streams of Whiskey before rolling into If I Should Fall From Grace With God - the Pogues party had started it as meant to continue.
From the wistful and heartfelt likes of A Pair Of Brown Eyes and A Rainy Night In Soho to the brilliant buzz of The Body Of An American and Sally MacLennane via the typically traditional Dirty Old Town and The Irish Rover, it was a more than satisfying set for any beered-up Bristolian.
All the while MacGowan was brilliantly backed by the band of hugely talented musicians that is The Pogues. Tight and precise, they kept the pace going throughout, while the crowd - young, old and everything in between - were more than up for the craic: dancing, smiling and singing along.
While Shane occasionally shuffled off to top up his glass of whatever and light another cigarette, Spider Stacy stepped up to front fan favourites such as Tuesday Morning, Repeal of the Licensing Laws and Jesse James.
Touchingly throughout the evening a stool sat centre stage respectfully remembering founding Pogues guitarist Philip Chevron who passed away last year.
Alan Partridge once famously suggested (a touch irreverently) "dere's more to Oireland dan dis” as a tagline for the Irish tourist board ... Well, with a head-tray-smashing Fiesta still echoing in the ears and an Irish jig in the crowd's collective step, it is fair to say that "dere's more to da Pogues dan de Fairytale of New York".
Dan Biggane

PASCAL

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 1 Juil - 9:29

Ca me gave d'entendre qu'en France les Pogues sont associés à "Dirty Old Town" uniquement, mais les British avec leur "FONY" me saoulent grave.
Alex

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mer 2 Juil - 10:58

sur simplelampoon.com, par Luis Hessey Angel :

The weather had been toying with us all day, and the prospect of an outdoor gig was difficult to look forward to. What’s more, the queue for the bar belongs at Disneyland in summer. With one eye on the clouds, and one hand grasping a hard earned plastic Guiness, I spot the inimitable waddle that can only be Shane MacGowan approaching centre stage, quickly followed by an elegantly dressed brigade. He takes a moment to acknowledge the couple-of-thousand before him, and the drummer’s sticks count to four. I forget about the angry looking sky.
A tree-armed attack of accordion, banjo and tin-whistle hammer home the hook of their rummy anthem ‘Streams of Whiskey’. Mr Ranken and Mr Hunt, drums and bass respectively, add a few miles of foundation underneath. It’s immediately clear that these players have lost none of their skills in combining Celtic virtuosity with rabble-rousing energy. When the vocals arrive, however, comments on technique and musicality go out the window.
The lyrics are not so much sung, as moaned; age and hedonism have knocked a few notes of the range; words arrive slightly later than the beat, and this has a tendency to run entire sentences into one word. As I said, though, such observations are irrelevant; this is Shane ManGowan. Like a Dylan, or Van Morrison, his mere presence is enough to keep an audience’s attention, regardless of whether he hits the high notes or nails the diction.
‘If I Should Fall from Grace’ follows. Always a highlight of any Pogues set, the band maintain their sparkle as Shane bellows out the lyric:

" If I should fall from grace with God, and the doctors can’t relieve me… If I’m buried ‘neath the sod, and the Angels won’t receive me"

It’s borderline impossible for anyone to utter those words and not sound poetic.
Halfway through the set, Spider Stacey pockets his tin-whistle and takes MacGowan’s mantle while the main man disappears for a mysterious break back stage. Impressively svelte, and dressed like he could be on the front cover of GQ Magazine, Stacey does a decent job as replacement frontman; the melodies take a refreshing turn into tone and clarity, and the song ‘Tuesday Morning’ is a hit with the audience. However, it does turn the band into what they’re not: a generic English punk band. Sure, the banjo is still going, and James Fearnley is wielding his accordion like it weighs less than oxygen, but it just doesn’t feel quite as uniquely authentic as the rest of the show.
With normal service resumed, the crowd vibrates with excitement as the band launch into ‘Thousands are sailing’- deceased guitarist Phil Chevron’s marvellous composition. Up until this point, the vocals had been nicely sitting back in the mix; Shane’s voice was more like an instrument, and the crowd were singing every word anyway. The person in charge of such matters isn’t satisfied with this, though. They decide that cranking up the vocals will render the words intelligible. The experiment is not a successful one, and it doesn’t get resolved. The song choices, from now on, are near-perfect for this audience, but they could sound better.

No Pogues gig would be complete without heartfelt renditions of ‘Dirty Old Town’ and ‘The Irish Rover’, and this one doesn’t wander from the formula. Any threat of rain has long since retreated, and the night is cloaking the event in a veil of intimacy. We all scream the choruses, before we say a temporary goodbye to the band. They re-emerge shortly, with a selection of friends and comrades doubling the population on stage, and perform the gorgeous ‘Rainy Night in Soho’. They then steam through ‘Fiesta’, as the crowd twists and pogos, and the musicians bounce up and down like middle-age is a thing reserved for the teetotal. Soon, it’s all over, and the guys lap up the substantial applause and eventually vacate- almost having to drag MacGowan away from his adoring congregation.

A great band musically, I can’t imagine that they ever leave an audience unsatisfied. But they also possess something even rarer: a true poet and libertine as their talisman. If it wasn’t for that pesky sound-man, though…..

belles photos, n'est ce pas ...
torfirion

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mar 26 Aoû - 17:30

Shane a raté(volontairement?) le démarrage Wink.
PASCAL

MessageSujet: Re: Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014   Mer 27 Aoû - 21:41

Rien de volontaire chez lui Torfirion, c'est un Pogues.

Bristol Summer Series - 26 juin 2014
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1